Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried a wall hammer once and it didn't last very long. They are extremely sensitive to changes in the environment. For that reason I won't purchase another one. My branching hammer does very well though.

That's really upsetting to hear. I have been trying to get my hands on a gold branching hammer for a few days now. I'm nervous about spending that much money if one does for seemingly no reason on you [emoji24]

As others have stated, and IME, the branching ones seem to be more resilient. If parameters are stable I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Man those mantellas make me want to start up another viv. Although if I got more frogs I'd probably go with Raintomeya imitator

Wall hammers are much more sensitive than the branching. I think that is the issue at hand rather than their color. My first wall hammer went really quickly as well. This second one just keeps doing its thing, so I'm hopping that it is a good sign, but I think that the wall variety likes a much lower flow than branching. I had my green branching ones in the same spot that both walls currently reside in. They took the vortechs up to 50% of their intensity. I have the vortechs down to 20% currently and things are going much better this time around. Since the wall is simply a much larger polyp and doesn't grow additional heads, any damage would cause a bail out like we know about and don't worry too too much about in the branching colonies in our systems because we still have many other heads.

Managed to snag this cell photo shot of the orange spotted blenny.
YRVuWht.jpg

My little room in the house, now complete with 2 tanks. :)
qvi8x51.jpg

Nothing much new to report. Everything is in auto pilot. The blenny is getting a little bolder with me around the tank. It's been a while since I've spotted the curious wormfish, but who knows about that thing. Gotta be one of the strangest fish I've owned. Been busy working on a more solid stand for the vivarium today. Cleaned up and painted a solid wood shelf I picked up off Craigslist. I also have a total of 4 of the little frogs now and plan to leave it at that for the 20.

It's a 1/32" out of square, take it apart and do it again :p what are the dimensions? Whats going in there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom