Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It'll kill the algae off. I'd be very careful around the frags though. I've used an electric toothbrush dipped in a 1:10 peroxide solution to scrub at the stuff and it dies off. I prefer to be able to submerge rocks in the stuff though.

Ok. I may give that a try.

I did get to fooling around and made a wallpaper for my phone. Thought I'd share it. Feel free to use it if you want. It's my photo of the Orchid, but not my Acro. :)

Orchid & Acro Cell Wallpaper
cLoZX8m.jpg

I'm going to slightly minimize a little of the rock work, frag the frogspawn, and get rid of a couple things I don't want (opposed to what I want to want to have room to grow). I'm thinking I moving the euphyllias to their own rock section and making more future growth room for the SPS. During this process I will scrub that one rock with a peroxide solution and do a good water change. One of mt powerheads went down today. Have to wait up to 4 weeks for replacement part, but they are free. So the one in the back will be down for a bit, it should be fine without it in the mean time.

Sounds good. Keep me posted on how the peroxide works for you. I really liked the results I saw and only wish that I had the ability to remove two of the largest rocks in my tank to treat the nuisance that remains.

Edit: For the record, the picture of your orchid dottyback makes me miss my indigo. Truly amazing fish.

I will probably try to tackle this Wednesday. I will post results. I absolutely love the color of the orchid Dottybacks. I haven't seen an indigo in person but I bet they are beautiful. They are a hybrid between A. fridmani (orchid) and A. sankeyi (striped). I think if I ever was to get another Dottyback I would definitely try to get one of the springeris. Those are some cool fish, and very useful in a reef.

I did get to fooling around and made a wallpaper for my phone. Thought I'd share it. Feel free to use it if you want. It's my photo of the Orchid, but not my Acro. :)

Orchid & Acro Cell Wallpaper
cLoZX8m.jpg

Thanks Paul. Nice shot. I used it as a wallpaper on my phone. That dottyback is absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427296871023.jpg
    1427296871023.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 74
Thanks Paul. Nice shot. I used it as a wallpaper on my phone. That dottyback is absolutely beautiful.

Nice! Glad you like it, it is on my phone as well. You gotta stay on those emails! Lol. Mine is probably more.

Did an overhaul on the tank today. It is a lot more SPS friendly now, but still requires a little work I will save for tomorrow. I still have to frag the frogspawn and I will place it with the torch on its own 'island'. I will be getting rid of a huge rock with a bunch on Geen Bay Packer & Fire and Ice zoas on it that the frogspawn was on. I'm also going to get rid of the War Coral (love it, but I need the real estate), Duncan (maybe), Pulsing Xenia, and the Rock Flower Anemone. Hopefully in return I will get a nice Acro, but mainly looking into getting dry goods like salt. I will be finishing this transaction tomorrow followed by a water change and GFO replacement. Good thing is the powerheads have better available placement now. I did scrub the rock with brown hair algae with a peroxide solution and also ended up flipping it upside down in the new scape. Here is a FTS of it as of now.

77ivZLu.jpg

Did an overhaul on the tank today. It is a lot more SPS friendly now, but still requires a little work I will save for tomorrow. I still have to frag the frogspawn and I will place it with the torch on its own 'island'. I will be getting rid of a huge rock with a bunch on Geen Bay Packer & Fire and Ice zoas on it that the frogspawn was on. I'm also going to get rid of the War Coral (love it, but I need the real estate), Duncan (maybe), Pulsing Xenia, and the Rock Flower Anemone. Hopefully in return I will get a nice Acro, but mainly looking into getting dry goods like salt. I will be finishing this transaction tomorrow followed by a water change and GFO replacement. Good thing is the powerheads have better available placement now. I did scrub the rock with brown hair algae with a peroxide solution and also ended up flipping it upside down in the new scape. Here is a FTS of it as of now.

77ivZLu.jpg
Too bad you aren't local. I would've loved to trade salt for some frags.

All went well on fragging the frogspawn. I ended up getting 7 decent frags off of it. Traded everything in for salt, 2 acro frags, and a porcelain crab. Tank looks alot more roomy, I love it! I got a bonsai and an unknown acro. I'll post pics tomorrow.

All went well on fragging the frogspawn. I ended up getting 7 decent frags off of it. Traded everything in for salt, 2 acro frags, and a porcelain crab. Tank looks alot more roomy, I love it! I got a bonsai and an unknown acro. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Yay new stuff! Tank looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yay new stuff! Tank looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. I still gotta mount the frogspawn to a rock with the torch and create a small sorta euphyllia island. The new acros are nice. I'll try to get some pics when I get off, they are kinda on the small side.

Ok so here is the tank now along with some shots of the newbies. I finally got around to arranging the euphyllias this morning and mounting the 2 new acro frags.

FTS
sMeLOGo.jpg

Purple Bonsai Acro
NtQdKi4.jpg

White with Blue Tip Acro (still no ID on this one)
cUSvuZy.jpg

Both Acro Frags
RgRbXlr.jpg

Porcelain Crab
7t290Xa.jpg

Blue tip could be a blue voodoo.

I dunno. I looked those up and it appears to be different, but I could be wrong. Some of these acro IDs have proven to be pretty difficult. Kinda just gotta wait it out untill they grow out.

Ok so here is the tank now along with some shots of the newbies. I finally got around to arranging the euphyllias this morning and mounting the 2 new acro frags.

FTS
sMeLOGo.jpg

Purple Bonsai Acro
NtQdKi4.jpg

White with Blue Tip Acro (still no ID on this one)
cUSvuZy.jpg

Both Acro Frags
RgRbXlr.jpg

Porcelain Crab
7t290Xa.jpg

Nice additions Paul. Tank looks great as usual. That frogspawn was huge. Was it hard to frag?

Back
Top Bottom