Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the ok from the wife on upgrading my lighting. This is what I went for. Looks extremely similar to the radion's diodes for alot less chedar. Still was higher than what I wanted to pay along with no reviews yet that I could find. 2 year warranty and serviced in the USA. So excited for this to show up!

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-24-v2/
dFhMzU0.jpg

My current lights have been good to me, but the particular fixture I have has 1 powercord, 2 channels (blue and white) and NO DIMMERS! I have made it work but Ive really wanted to go full spectrum with a built in timer for a while now.

Still isnt open yet and the color seems to be about impossible to capture, but here is a quick shot of it.

2DVzxos.jpg

Here it is this morning. I might have more flow on it than it likes, still not sure yet.

zvAwpv3.jpg

QNL8gVf.jpg

Beautiful Paul! Haven't really seen many pink hammers before

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful Paul! Haven't really seen many pink hammers before

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks man me neither! To the naked eye it looks peachy. Mostly pink but with a very slight orange tint. I has about 4" of tube skeleton I was able to bury in the sand. That's always nice.

I got the ok from the wife on upgrading my lighting. This is what I went for. Looks extremely similar to the radion's diodes for alot less chedar. Still was higher than what I wanted to pay along with no reviews yet that I could find. 2 year warranty and serviced in the USA. So excited for this to show up!

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-24-v2/
dFhMzU0.jpg

My current lights have been good to me, but the particular fixture I have has 1 powercord, 2 channels (blue and white) and NO DIMMERS! I have made it work but Ive really wanted to go full spectrum with a built in timer for a while now.

Nice looking light. Let me know how it works out for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Picked up bigger and controllable return pump and installed it today as well. I've been meaning to do this for a very long time. The old mag drive model 3 is still running strong though. I got one of the Jecod/Jebao DCT 4000. Very good price and strong recommendation from my buddy. The flow in the tank and through the sump is SO much better.

IstQtJ1.jpg

vBErX6N.jpg

igEjLJt.jpg

4Zj0nAu.jpg

Looks like a nice pump Paul. I didn't know they made pumps that were controllable. Thats a really nice feature to have.

Looks like a nice pump Paul. I didn't know they made pumps that were controllable. Thats a really nice feature to have.

Thanks. They make pretty decent fully controllable wave makers as well. I've read good things about them.

Back
Top Bottom