Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are half way up the tank with a moderate flow. The lights are led, I don't know the wattage off the top of my head.
Ok the lights I have are the finnex FugeRay marine+ 2 aquarium day/actinic lights. 30in in length I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are half way up the tank with a moderate flow. The lights are led, I don't know the wattage off the top of my head.
Ok the lights I have are the finnex FugeRay marine+ 2 aquarium day/actinic lights. 30in in length I believe.

Shouldn't be too much light. Just did a quick search on that light. It's mainly for refugium and mid to low light stuff. I really don't know much about them as far as coral growth. Mine are in moderate to kinda low flow. My lights are pretty intense, acans do well on the bottom for me.

Terrible news guys. The lineatus wrasse got a spinal injury somehow the other day, and passed overnight. He never had anyone after him, there was no drama. Not sure what couldn't spooked him possibly into the glass or rock. Things happen. It's a real bummer. On the other hand I did pick up a yellow banded possum wrasse who I just released into the DT today. He's looking good, but very shy. Stays in the rocks still, but that was expected.

Terrible news guys. The lineatus wrasse got a spinal injury somehow the other day, and passed overnight. He never had anyone after him, there was no drama. Not sure what couldn't spooked him possibly into the glass or rock. Things happen. It's a real bummer. On the other hand I did pick up a yellow banded possum wrasse who I just released into the DT today. He's looking good, but very shy. Stays in the rocks still, but that was expected.

Sorry to hear about the lineatus ?. I love my possum wrasse, he is like a little puppy following me around, wagging his tail when I'm looking in the tank. He was the first one in this tank though, if all of your tank mates are peaceful yours should start coming out more. I think they are a very interesting fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear about your loss Paul. I know it's hard when you loose a fish you really like.

Thanks. Especially when it's a pricey one.

Sorry to hear about the lineatus ?. I love my possum wrasse, he is like a little puppy following me around, wagging his tail when I'm looking in the tank. He was the first one in this tank though, if all of your tank mates are peaceful yours should start coming out more. I think they are a very interesting fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yea I've always liked the possum wrasses, just rarely available in my area. Yours is the only one I know of at the moment, so in a way you helped me out in that decision. :)

LQ shots of the new possum.
QDcARD9.jpg

Love the new Wrasse, Paul! He's so cute!!! And that video was such a blast to watch...great quality. Looks like he has found himself a little cave he likes!

Love the new Wrasse, Paul! He's so cute!!! And that video was such a blast to watch...great quality. Looks like he has found himself a little cave he likes!

Thanks. He's a trip. Really loving the personality of this little guy. Just as SD put it, like a little puppy.

Just noticed one is a blue leg! I have a red leg and then one that has pretty much no color...I'd like to get a few others. Hermits are such cool little critters!

Thanks @redsea! All of my hermits are scarlets except for that one electric blue. The electric blue hermit is probably my favorite invert in the tank (coral excluded).

Back
Top Bottom