Paul's 40 Gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure they'd get along fine. It's funny my sexies lived on my green sinularia but as soon as I got rfa they flocked right to them. So they may not even go to the same nem that guy is on

How long did it take for your reef to get where it is now?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Going on 2 years on this tank, but I've had most of rock longer, some of it. A lot of coral trades, fish loss, fish gain, good times, bad times along the way.

7XTxLtG.jpg

A3bI0yt.jpg

Going on 2 years on this tank, but I've had most of rock longer, some of it. A lot of coral trades, fish loss, fish gain, good times, bad times along the way.

Wow your tank only took 2 years, what do you feed your corals to make them grow that fast? I try to feed mine brine but shrimp just steal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great Paul! Love the cherub angel! My potters is still an angel lol (I'm so funny...not)

Wow your tank only took 2 years, what do you feed your corals to make them grow that fast? I try to feed mine brine but shrimp just steal it.
That's why I got rid of my shrimp! Lol. Except my anemone shrimp, he don't leave his nem. I did have that rock with all the Zoas longer though. I've feed many different things.
Looks great Paul! Love the cherub angel! My potters is still an angel lol (I'm so funny...not)
Thanks man, I'm really glad I got the little dude. He's such a funny little fish. Haven't had a fish this comical that wasn't a blenny. Your potter's will always be an angel! LOL

Picked up a nice looking derasa clam and some red Zoas to add to the garden. Now hopefully the cherub plays nice with the new clam, I'm watching him.
vQFmD6G.jpg

4fKOfpT.jpg

gEfhfXE.jpg

Updated FTS.
0f82x7M.jpg

And this guy... really like him but he's getting a little bulky for my liking. Such a cool hermit though.
9AMaias.jpg

Nice looking derasa Paul. Pictures are always amazing.
Why is the hermit too bulky for the liking?

Thanks, this thing looks so good under white lights. The hermit has already broke my thin green monti hirsuta twice, as well as my red digitata. He's not going anywhere yet, but as soon as he breaks off a piece of acro he will be going to the sump.

Picked up a few things...

Blue flasher.
5QV8xVs.jpg

Very cool bumblebee shrimp.
PbquiOt.jpg

xKM2qoG.jpg

The good stuff.
vsxQA1H.jpg

QPz4uoH.jpg

Bumblebee shrimp, awesome. Is it hard to keep an eye on them due to their size in your 40?

Yes, I haven't found him since yesterday. I want to say they max out at about an inch. I've only had him 2 days now. Not sure how often he will show himself, but it will be a treat every time. Took us almost 2 weeks to find him in a ~200 gal at the LFS.

Pretty crazy. I will say, when I had the pom pom crabs in my reef it was a huge treat to see one of them show up. Hope it turns into the same for you and the bumblebee shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom