pc bulb cahnges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this thing is spoken about every other post. :lol:

Every 6-9 months. Some go longer, but then you're risking the health of your corals... if you wait for it to dim to a great extent, and then replace them, your corals might bet shocked by the instant increase in light intensity.

Make sure to check and read the old postings and use "search" to find quick answers.

I've also heard closer to 6mo. The spectrum changes before the brightness so while you may not notice the light changing, the corals will and will react accordingly. Best to beat the curve and keep your light spectrum appropriate to the corals you're keeping. FO I'd probably go a little longer, personally. Probably to 9mo anything past that and you'll risk algae issues, from what I've read.

Depends on the bulb type. Normal fluorescents should go about 6 months. power compacts and VHO's you can stretch to 9-12 months before they lose too much spectrum.

FYI, your daylight bulbs are still useful to freshwater aquarium plants, so you might give them to a friend, or save them if you also keep (or plan to keep) planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom