Peacock cichlid large white spot & death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilerwxman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I don't have my current levels but I am 2 days past my weekly water changes. 75 gallon cichlid tank. Already treating my big German red peacock for bloatin a 10 gallon quarantine tank (wasn't eating or spitting food out, had white stringy poo) the first round of treatment didn't work so went to clout.

UPDATE: FYI While treating the German red in the separate tank I was medicating the food of the main tank with Tetra Parasite Guard half a tablet the last 2 days.

While focusing on this fish the other cichlids (mostly peacocks) acted and seemed fine. Well after feeding last night my other large red peacock was acting strange near the surface not eating this morning. When my wife got home 6 hours later it was swimming on its side upside down and had these large white dots on him. She said it wasn't fuzzy but as of the scales lost all their color. When I get home I am going to do a large water change, clean my filters (I know not to rinse my bio filter with tap water) also I have two. Canisters.

That fish has been removed to a 5 gallon tank but we don't have a filter and it appears as good as gone sadly. I just didn't want it in the tank while I'm at work and wife is away. Now I want to prevent any other loss. I need to know what I should do to protect these fish or the rest I have as I finish the treatment of my other fish. Thank you. I will have more info after I am done with work

Attachments

• image-3003519715.jpg
    image-3003519715.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-579063451.jpg
    image-579063451.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom