Peacock Gudgeons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
i may have an oportunity to get some of these fish from a local breeder...but i know nothing about them. can anyone give me some info?

compatability, min tank size, water params they like...stuff like that?

They can be kept in any size tank as far as params keep them normal. I keep mine in a ten gal with the temp at 78 filled with tap water and they breed like convicts.

rwhayley said:
They can be kept in any size tank as far as params keep them normal. I keep mine in a ten gal with the temp at 78 filled with tap water and they breed like convicts.
how many in a ten gallon? 1-2?

eight,three male five female. they are only a couple of inches, but Iwillsoon be moving them to a larger community tank with rams and apistos

rwhayley said:
eight,three male five female. they are only a couple of inches, but Iwillsoon be moving them to a larger community tank with rams and apistos
so do you think a planted 10 gallon would be good for a pair (one male and one female) and any fry they might have? do they protect fry like a cichlid or should eggs be removed ASAP?

planted tank is fine. they need small caves try three to four inch sections of half inch to 3/4 inch pvc for them to spawn in. you will need to remove the eggs or the female will be taken as a threat and the male will kill her. the pvc will make it easier to remove them to anther tank

Back
Top Bottom