pearl gourami swimming vertically

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
This behavior has been going on for about 17 days now and I could really use some help on this. I did a 15 minute epsom salt bath, but I'm not convinced that constipation is the issue. The fish spends most of its time still pointing vertically at almost a 90 degree angle towards the surface. However, when it wishes to move it seems to have only minimal complication with swimming normally.

The impression that I get is that she is swimming this way to avoid discomfort of some kind. She is capable of getting around the tank and she still eats. Should I continue with the epsom salt baths? I have not noticed if she went to the fish toilet and she doesn't want to eat any peas. When I drop the squeezed out bits in the water close to her she swims away and they sink.

I have some dwarfs doing the same thing

Attachments

• image-31358435.jpg
    image-31358435.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 216
  • image-2571365622.jpg
    image-2571365622.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 118
Well, she stays in this vertical position for about 90% of the time. My other gouramis don't do this. I know that labyrinth fish breath from the surface but she spends far too much time doing this.

Well, she stays in this vertical position for about 90% of the time. My other gouramis don't do this. I know that labyrinth fish breath from the surface but she spends far too much time doing this.
Maybe it is swim bladder problems?

Back
Top Bottom