Pearly jawfish help !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin144

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking at setting up a coralife biocube 29 and the fish I want to build this tank around is the pearly jawfish , I have done alot of research . But I'm looking for everyone's opinions and expieriences with them ! I know they need a deep sand bed and a lid over the tank but what else should I be careful with ? I was thinking about jut ordering one of live aquaria to skip the fish store difficulties . What tank mates would look good with them ? And how difficult are they to take care of ( this will be my first saltwater tank ) so all help is wanted !!!!!

I never had any luck with them. They all kept dissapearing. Same thing with the Blue dot, although no matter what I did, they kept finding a way out. Cool fish and you can put a few in the same tank which is cool.

Did you have a lid on the tank ??? And from what i have heard they are very territorial with their own kind ? That's what I read atleast ?

I'm looking at setting up a coralife biocube 29 and the fish I want to build this tank around is the pearly jawfish , I have done alot of research . But I'm looking for everyone's opinions and expieriences with them ! I know they need a deep sand bed and a lid over the tank but what else should I be careful with ? I was thinking about jut ordering one of live aquaria to skip the fish store difficulties . What tank mates would look good with them ? And how difficult are they to take care of ( this will be my first saltwater tank ) so all help is wanted !!!!!
Have one in a newer build. He's cool and comes out often to cruise around. I have a pair of firefish, a starry blenny, and a hashai yashai (*sp.). All do well and he's a pig. I have around a 4-5 inch sand bed and he's in a 60 gallon with a lid.

I'm not sure on what I want to do as tank mates yet , I know I want to do a clown but that's it so far ? Any recommendations ?

Any suggestions on tank mates ? I plan on doing atleast one percula clown , but any good begginer fish !

Mine is chill with all fish, at this point he kinda runs it till I get my poters. They are good with most semi and peaceful fish

Back
Top Bottom