penn plax maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christine2012

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. This will be my first time dismantling my Cascade 1000 for cleaning . Anything I should know before I start? My instructions are extremely vague.

Rinse the filter pads out in old tank water, or de chlorinated water. I take my filter outside cause it gets messy. DON'T replace all the filter media at once, or you'll lose beneficial bacteria.

I also have the same canister, just make sure to follow the directions/pictures in the steps given. It's easy to take apart and clean. Don't over tighten the lock rings and make sure you have the hoses connected to the canister right, blue and blue and black and black. Made both of those mistakes!! lol

I'm not replacing any media at all actually. Just want to get debris out. I did break the seal in the impeller housing and have rubber banded it for the moment. Over all, it was pretty easy, just me being clumsy. >.< I hope this rubber band is safe!

ocean said:
I also have the same canister, just make sure to follow the directions/pictures in the steps given. It's easy to take apart and clean. Don't over tighten the lock rings and make sure you have the hoses connected to the canister right, blue and blue and black and black. Made both of those mistakes!! lol

Almost did that ;)

Back
Top Bottom