penplax 1200 canister media basket question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frank98284

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi i have a new canister filter and the directions are not very clear on where the carbon goes and i bought some bio rings and in what stage in the four stage media basket does it go in?? i know that alot of people do not use cascade but i have heard mixed reviews on it and got a good deal so now i have it and would like to get the most out of my filter and could use some help please.

Hello,
I guess we both have the same type of question. I just bought a cascade 700 for a great deal and had some questions too. Between the both of use, I hope we can get some good answers

I have a cascade 1000 for about seven years now and it had treated me well. Their setup is the same as any other canister. I haven't cleaned mine in a while but I believe the sponge is first followed by carbon followed by the bacterial section. Bio balls/ceramic rings. I can't think right off the top of my head but if you google canister filter layers it will give you the idea.

Back
Top Bottom