Peppered cory catfish diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edelman12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've recently added 3 peppered cory catfish to my tank. They've been doing well, pretty active and schooling together. They've basiicallybeen vacuums for any food that falls to the bottom. One of them has actually eaten at the surface when flake food is added. I bought omega one shrimp pellets that go to the bottom. They are about .5cm in length and pretty hard to the touch. All 3 of my catfish plus an ADF go right to it to eat it, but it's taking them over an hour to finish it completely. A normal feeding session takes about 3 min but I don't get why these pellets are taking so long. Does anyone have any experience with sinking pellets or anything like this?

They just take a long time to eat tis all. I would also get a carnivore sinking pellet to mix it up. As long as you see them eating, they will be fine. Try to make sure they get their fair share. If you have space you should add some corys

They just take a long time to eat tis all. I would also get a carnivore sinking pellet to mix it up. As long as you see them eating, they will be fine. Try to make sure they get their fair share. If you have space you should add some corys
Got a 20g with tetras and rasboras so I don't think I can fit much more as of now. They are definitely eating, I just was worried about how long it takes them to finish the job. Haven't notoced any ill effects yet, they all seem to be enjoying them. Is it normal for it to take them this long? I was thinking of ways to soften the pellet before I drop it in

I would just drop it and let em eat it. Soaking a shrimp pellet ahead of time gets messy fast (I tried it a few times to feed my RCC). Let them take their sweet time haha

How big are they? They might just be juvies with small mouths.

That's what I'm thinking. They all swarm to it, taking pecks at it. Maybe they just can't take nice bites from it yet. They're each about 1.5 inches so definitely not full grown

Yeah you will be fine, as long as your corys aren't getting out competed they will do alright. If they do start losing food cause of the other fish, drop a pellet or two in at night.

Back
Top Bottom