Peppered cory problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elise88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,
I hope you can help me as I am really concerned about my fish.

I have a 20G with some peppered corys and some espei rasboras. I cycled it for 2 months without fish, measuring with the API master kit (the drops, not the strips).

Then I put some of the corys in one month ago, and the rest in 2 weeks ago.

One of the original corys has recently (only in the last 24-36 hours) become very listless, sitting on the bottom of the tank and barely moving or breathing. She (I think its a girl as its bigger and broader than the others, but Im not sure) didnt eat this morning. She also has clamped fins.

I feed them hikari sinking wafers, algea wafers, brine shrimps, blood worms and sometimes the rasboras let them get some tetramin colour flakes. (Not all at once obviously, but I try to vary their diet.)

My water parametres are as follows:
PH- 7.4
Temperature- 25C
Ammonium- 0.0
Nitrite- 0.0
Nitrate- Usually 10ish, but now less than 5 as I just did a big water change.

I cant see any marks, white spots, gill damage, fin damage, sinking belly, swelling belly, red streaks, flicking or any unusual swimming. Nothing. But I am sure there is something wrong. All my other corys are so active, constantly bustling about nibbling the substrate. She just sits there, barely moving for hours at a time. I keep thinking shes dead but her gills are moving. I thought internal parasites, but she looks so healthy (she is the biggest, plumpest cory and was growing and thriving in the month since I got her.

The only thing I can think of that may be the cause is that yesterday when I vacuumed the gravel I noticed some detritus worms, so perhaps I have been over feeding? But everybody else seems fine/happy.

Please help. Id appreciate any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong. I would hate to do anything to hurt my fish.

Thanks for your help,

Elise

P.S- I dont have a QT but could use a 4G bucket if necessary? I have a spare filter and room temp is about 25-26 in Australia anyway so may not need a heater.

Back
Top Bottom