peppermint shrimp disturbing coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltghost2k25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
soo i purchased a coral frag(my 1st ever for my tank" and my shrimps keep disturbing it and making it recoil..is that good and alright?

Attachments

• image-627493917.jpg
    image-627493917.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 188
I can't help much as I haven't reached the coral stage :), but, I do notice that Peppermints tend to be curious. They will pick at something a few times before deciding it isn't good to eat or they get bored.

Hopefully omeone else has a better take..I'd like to know as well since I have two Peppermints in my tank.

I have the same problem too, I found why my frogspawn coral is always closed... It's because the peppermint shrimp always disturb it... I find it often on my zoas and mush that are closing too...

Can I feed it or do something that will stop it from harrasing corals ?

Help ?

My peppermints usually leave my coral alone. The get meaty food once every two days And algae once a day. I also dose invert food to ease them down. I've seen em go near my coral but usually it's to clean up the dead ones.

The shrimp go on my duncan, so it retract... It use it's long arms to find food Into my closed duncan mouth...

So shrimp pellet food should do the job ?

Back
Top Bottom