peppermint shrimp loaded with eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sqrle

Aquarium Advice Activist
What should i do with her. Put her in the fuge till she drops the eggs or in the quarantine tank to let them hatch and possibly grow.???

I guess it would be up to your goals. Do you want more shrimp in your tank? or do you want to breed them. If your just wanting to see what happens, i would place her in the fuge.

If you want to seriously raise them, then i would think a QT would be best, you can target feed and control the water much more effectively.

I wouldn't even know what to feed them. I could put her in one of those plastice cricket cages inside the main tank for a bit. I just noticed them today, so I am sure that I have a couple of days at least to figure things out.

Well, it turns out that 2 of the 4 that I have are carrying eggs. I put them into my fuge today and we will see what happens. I am going to get some copepods to put in there (since I don't have any yet), and hopefuly they can munch on them. Even if I get 1 that survives, I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom