Percula constantly in Bubble Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
Recently I had noticed that my percula has been swimming in and around my bubble coral. I know that this looks cool, but Ive heard that it is not good for the coral. Is this correct? The bubble coral does respond negatively to the clownfish, but I heard that over time it will hurt the coral. Should i leave them alone or should I make an effort to seperate the percula, and what should I do to stop this if necessary. TIA......

My clowns often swim in my torch and hammer coral. No probelms yet. Bubbles may be a bit more sensative. Your best bet is to keep an eye on the coral and look for retracting. You may have to choose between your clown and your coral in the end...

If there is no retracting or damage done, would it be safe to say that it is not harming it and not do anything about it? TIA

If the coral still looks healthy you should be okay for now. Just make sure your clown does not get too rough nestling into the coral.

I got up this morning and now my clown is ripping apart my flower pot coral. He isnt eating it, he is just ripping it apart and spitting it back out. I ahve a feeling that I am going to have to choose between my clown and my corals. Do you think this is something that heis doing because both corals are new, or do clownfish tend to stick to this behavior? TIA

I just moved the clown into my brothers aquarium, hate to see him go, but Ill think it will work out better. Thanks for the advice...........

Back
Top Bottom