Petco sandy/gravel was a mistake.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Choonchiesback said:
Mumma I'm only a week in cycle (fish less) not to worried about numbers now. Just these **** bubbles lol I should had went with play sand, but then I couldn't get Goldies. Dilemmas!! LOL

You can use play sand or PFS with goldies!!
I guessed you are fish in cycling. :) I like to keep ammonia and nitrite as low as possible (under .25ppm). The tank still cycles the same but the fish are healthier.

No fish yet. Going to wait another week or two. I thought sand can cause digestion problems with goldies? Constipation and bloat from the stories I've read. Now I'm bummed I didn't use sand.

As far as I know sand will pass right through. Gravel will cause constipation, bloating or choking if eaten. It's recommend to have sand/very fine gravel or really large gravel/pebbles. Pea sized gravel should be avoided. I have pool filter sand in my two goldfish tanks. I know jlk, another member, has sand in her tanks too without issue.
Oh and I didn't look at the large version of the pictures you posted just the thumbnails. It looked like you had a fish in one but looking back its a red plant! Lol! :ROFLMAO: oops!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom