Ph help - new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will be glad when it gets done lol. I haven't had to do a water change in 2 days which I'm assuming is a good thing. I was expecting the nitrites to keep rising until nitrates show up . But it looks to NE like the nitrites are slowly going down

It will be done soon. Just keep an eye on it, and any time ammonia or nitrite is over 0.25, do a PWC. It won't be long till things are good.

I think your very very close, your ammonia (to me anyway) looks to be 0, and your nitrite looks to be in between 0-.25.

It really shouldn't be much longer at all, when you get to that in between color of 0 and .25 your super close!

Yeah. The fish seem happy. Well my bristle noses are going nuts not sure if this is normal. I had a regular pleco a long time ago and he wasn't very active.

I'm guessing he is looking for food. He's I in one of my plants jumping from leaf to leaf. Kinda funny to watch. Then I have a shrimp that keeps pouncing on my largest cory

Your lucky man my ammo is still chillin kinda high and my nitrates are still not registering...hopefully mine starts to turn like yours...but my boys are all still happy.....

Your lucky man my ammo is still chillin kinda high and my nitrates are still not registering...hopefully mine starts to turn like yours...but my boys are all still happy.....

I guess I am lucky especially seeing as I replaced the filter and I wasn't supposed to. I never noticed my ammonia get real high but I waited a week in between tests at first and my nitrites got up to 5.

I have several live plants and started with a lot of fish. I can't say for sure if that cycle stuff I used actually worked. I also use stress zyme religiously.

Yea I'm using the whole api line **** near...its been allmost 2 weeks so maybe I should just be patiant...but its hard cause my kids make me like a big kid when we go to the lfs...and god knows we can't go into petsmart for dogfood or cat stuff without passing the fish stuff...lol
That's how I ended up with 4 green barbs in the quarantine tank....

I use API's tap water conditioner and stress zyme. And tetra florapride and starting up I used something called cycle

Is that a cycle jump starter? Or a weekly bacteria helper?

This started as a present for my wife and now I've gotten hooked lol. I'll have my aquarium soon. I just want a small saltwater with a clownfish or two

Not quite sure. I had to put do much in on day 1 so much on day 2 and 3 then I used the rest on the first water change I did

Back
Top Bottom