Ph help - new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nutrafin cycle

* Immediately establishes a safe biological aquarium environment
* Powerful responsive ammonia and nitrite elimination
* Allows immediate introduction of fish
* For fresh and saltwater use

Lol right.... we started with a 2.5 gal betta....and now were on a 55...I waant to do like a 25 or 30 salt...just for some super colorfull lil guys and some cool stuff...

Just say you got it on sale....that usally works...lol

Oh that sucks...we own our house...NO RULES! Lol

Yea I went to petsmart and was loooking for a 20 or 30 something and the topfin 55 with filter, heater, and some lighting was like half price with their loyalty card thing...so I ended up getting it...lol. we didn't need a stand cause our house has an indoor planter thing built of natural stone bricks...and since we first saw this place we allways wanted a fishtank there.....

ForumRunner_20130107_211538.jpg

That's awesome. Yeah we will own this house someday. Its a brand new 3bed 2full bath. It was built for us by my wifes brother in law. We are renting to own but until they get insurance they put that in the lease cause they had a son that crashed a tank in their living room. And while they were building this house they had a water line bust at their house and flooded the whole house so they are bring paranoid . They don't care about pets. I am building a platform for us to put the 20 gallon and desk on

I'm building a platform that had a kinda lip around it and the water will drain inside the platform and I'm using a scrap pool liner for the inside and gonna have a sub pump do if it leaked all if have to do is run a house to the tub and plug the pump in

Smart man...sorry for the dark pic...its bed time for them lol.. I need to flex my dyi alil more when it comes to the tank...maybe for the salt I will...

Ok new test results ?
Ammonia 0.25 - 0.50 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm completely blue
Nitrate 5 - 10 ppm

Nitrites went down but ammonia went up as well as nitrates?
Why'd the ammonia rise

Water looks a little cloudy

Patience! It will take more than a couple days. Water change if ammonia or nitrite go over 0.25ppm :)

Your tank is not cycled yet. It will happen. It isn't a step by step rigid process of events. If you have ammonia and nitrite, the tank is still cycling. There will come a day in the near future where you have 0 detectable.

I figured the ammonia was going down and the nitrites were going down that they would stay down.

I'm guessing it crashed and is starting back up?
Had ammonia spike then nitrite spike now another ammonia spike

Well its almost to 0.5 I know it isn't a spike but I thought once it was gone it was gone. I was excited to see nitrites were gone finally

I'm running a new test just to make sure

Ok it is between .5 and 1 I'm going to do another pwc

Back
Top Bottom