Ph of hose water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I heard water softner syste is not good for snails and fish and I think hose does not go through softner system cuz it taste nastier even despite the Normal metallic taste of hose water that all hose water has
Ph of faucet water straight from faucet is 8 after water softner added
I added a small amount of RO water maybe at most 2 gallons to about 7ish gallons of hose water and ph after softner is like 8.2 so I think it should not be to big of adjustment for my tank ... Though my tank ph is usually about 7.4 or more I have not let my water sit though for testing

Water softeners use salt. Have you seen what happens to snails and slugs when you put salt on them? That gives me an idea on how to get rid of my pond snails...

This is why I'm switching to hose/ well water that des not go through the softner system ... I have mystery snails and love them they don't mass produce and if they breed ou must have male and female and lay eggs out of water so its easy to prevent babies

Back
Top Bottom