pH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishylittlenemo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I've been on here again. I see they change somethings in the site..but...I was wondering what would lower pH in the tank? My pH is around about 8.2..what can I do to lower this guys? And thanks again.

Fishylittlenemo

Why do you want to? Stable is far more important than perfect.

If your really need to, the safest way is to mix you tap with RO/DI water. You will need to experiment to find the reight ratio. As long as you do it with every water change your PH will stay stable, you want to avoid having you PH bounce around.

Indeed, a stable ph is far better than attempting to lower it and maintain it. FWIW, if you are concerned about soft water SA cichlids and other fish from the region, they can adapt pretty well to higher levels. We have a member here named FishyFanatic who keeps SA cichlids thriving in what should be classified as liquid rock.

Breeding these fish is a completely different picture. If that is the case, Rich's suggestion is dead on. You may want to visit the Article in the Articles Section on raising and/or lowering ph.

Go find a tree of Almond, fetch the dried leaves from the floor and insert one dry leaf for every 10 gallons. It is going to lower it in 24 hours. warrantied. ;)

Well thank you everyone for your advice. From reading all your comments....I've decided to leave it be....cause it does stay at that mark all the time. Better leave well enough alone. Thank you all once again.

Fishylittlenemo

Back
Top Bottom