Pic of my new betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem, glad my tank was so inspirational :p That was really creative thinking on your part. Using a picture frame to divide the fish, that was a genius idea. :idea: Way to go! I would like to see a pic of the tank someday if it is possible. Anyone who goes to that much trouble to keep bettas is o.k. in my book. They are really great fish. Takae care 8)

sunsplash76 said:
I love the split glass, because they always look puffed out and *beep* off. They can see the other betta, but can't get to it.
It looks good, but if I remember correctly, a split tank like that is designed as a show tank for bettas. IE: if you are showing them at a fish show, you use a split tank like that, causing them to flare out and look really pretty, etc. However, the stress caused by constantly being in a "I can see him but I can't get to him!" situation will wear the bettas down over time. The constant stress weakens them, making them more susceptible to disease.

Back
Top Bottom