Pics of my new 75gallon and custom tank stand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well my gf got me a new 75gallon tank and tank stand. The stand was made by my girlfreind and her grandfather (he was a carpenter). I think the stand turned out better than any I have ever seen at the store. Its unpainted/stained beucase Im not sure what color I want it yet.

I probally wont be able to set the tank up until I get out of college and into my own house (no room in my parents house), but I can at least start buying the equipment I want to use with this tank and start designing it the way I want it, without being rushed.

Without further adou...

75_1.gif

75_2.gif

75_3.gif

decent. Planning out equipment and setting it all up is really fun.

Yeah I need to figure out what i want drilled and where. Any ideas from experience? I was thinking two drains, but should i get some drilled for returns?

Also she got the 75E which says it cannot be dilled, but the people at the store said as long as a glass place drilled it, that it could be drilled. Is this correct?

Bottom is probably tempered. Might be able to drill the back. If it is tempered, you can't drill it. There is a guy in the Loiusville area that will come to your house and drill holes for you. I think it is $20 or so a hole. I have never used him but a few reefers have.

If you want a lot of flow drill 2 drains. Returns are nice but you can always build return plumbing to go over the tank. Return holes are cleaner though. Could always drill 4 holes and use a closed loop if not using the holes as returns. An overflow box on the back is nice too :)

Yeah I dont like overflows, I know im going to have drains going to sump/fuge. I just dont know how I want the water to come back into the tank. I really want a clean tank with the least amount of equipment in the tank as possible. Im sure Ill have to keep some PH in the tank but I want as few as possible.

How could I run a closed loop system and returns? Would that be possible at all?

drill the back in each upper corner as the returns and use a hang on return J hook that americle makes for the water return. There black and makes a very clean look in the tank. I have this type setup on both tanks and it works great. No PH in either tank, I hate those things also.

Closed loop can be run with a sump/ruturn set up. The cloesd loop is run with its own pump that is seperate.

seaham358 said:
drill the back in each upper corner as the returns and use a hang on return J hook that americle makes for the water return. There black and makes a very clean look in the tank. I have this type setup on both tanks and it works great. No PH in either tank, I hate those things also.

Closed loop can be run with a sump/ruturn set up. The cloesd loop is run with its own pump that is seperate.

Yeah I am thinking this will also be the best plan! Thanks for the help guys. I will keep you all updated on the project as it will be a long process, but hopefully a very professional looking tank when it is completed.

Hey there is this the position you gonna set up the tank? I always want to set up tank in the middle of the lounge area but don't know how to sort out the wiring for the equipment. Do the wires have to come down from the ceiling? It will be not good to lay the cable on the floor as it might trip someone off their feet as well as bringing down the tank. Any suggestion guys?

Back
Top Bottom