Pine coning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunch

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bout a week ago i brought home 2 celestial pearl danios to add to the 5 already in my tank, 1 was almost full grown, the other was quite small ( i just took the 1s the guy could catch ) the big 1 was a hit with the rest, upon closer inspection and a little research, i worked out she was a she, the other 1 however just didnt have that standard arching back and flat belly body shape, was more arching back and sunken belly, i put it down to being smaller and not getting to the food, the little guy is really hard to find in the tank but i spotted him today, no longer hiding but hovering up the back at the top, looking really skinny, so i decided to net him to get a better look, turns out he is pine coning ( i tried taking pics but hes just too small ) majority of the info ive read since says theres no coming back once this happens, im not sure if i should euthanise him or try to treat him or just let him fade away.....? Some advice or opinions would be great

Do you have a QT you could pit him in on his own to at least keep him comfortable?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom