Pink Tipped Anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to try my hand at an inexpensive anenome before I shell out 50-70 bucks for a bulb tipped. I see these Hatian Pink Tipped anenomes at my lfs for sale for around 10-15 dollars. I wondered if they make decent additions to the reef tank.

I am not looking for anything to host a clownfish, just an attractive easy to care for addition that will not eat any of my shrimp, snails, crabs etc etc...

any suggestions?

They are easy to care for as far as anemones go. I had one that I had to return though - it was eating my fish 8O .

What kind of lighting do you have? These Anemones require strong lighting, so MH is usually the best way.

Mike

I have a 105 watts on a coral life compact flourascent

Lighting could also depend on the depth of the tank as to whether or not it will be sucessful or not. You can try it, but if he constantly moves around your tank, or on the walls upward, chances are he is looking for more light. You may want to consider getting another Coralife 105w for more success.

Mike

You could also look into the condy...cheap and hardy and requires less light.

I have a Condy, and I was under the impression that Condy's require stronger light. I could be wrong, but I have heard they will wither away without good lighting pretty quickly. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Mike

Condy or rock flower anenome would be my suggestion and I successfully keep both with lower light. I have never had a problem with either harming other inhabitants although you need to watch out for other inhabitants harming them such as certain shrimp and starfish.

You mentioned you have 105w PC, but what size tank do you have and what inhabitants do you already have?

Back
Top Bottom