Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank looks great, Pittbully, keep up the good work.

Couple of questions - when you had the DIY CO2, how did you keep the pressure up?
Did you have a multiple bottle setup?
Also, how did you diffuse the CO2?

The tank looks great, Pittbully, keep up the good work.

Couple of questions - when you had the DIY CO2, how did you keep the pressure up?
Did you have a multiple bottle setup?
Also, how did you diffuse the CO2?

Fishey, thanks for the kind words. When I had my diy co2 system running I would change out my reactor bottle (the one with the yeast sugar mixtute) every two weeks. I probably should have done it weekly to keep the co2 consistent. I only ran two bottles, the reactor and bubble counter/over flow.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

To ensure you have good pressure, check that you don't have leaks in your system. As far a diffusion, I used a cheap glass ceramic diffuser you van get from eBay.

Clyde, they all hatched last week. saved as many as I could catch without messing up the tank and left the rest in for nature to take it's course. I caught 15 or so. The ones that were left behind either are hiding in good places since I've yet seen any or became food. Today their yoke sacks were gone and I gave them some brine shrimp eggs to eat. They are in a hob fry tank. I will post some pics tomorrow.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! Nice work. Looking forward to the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Here's the baby bristle nose. After reading Brookster ' s thread gonna start doing my overdue weekly maintenance.

Attachments

• 1422301145272.jpg
    1422301145272.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 79
They sure do. I should've taken photos of them when i first caught them. They looked like white tadpoles.

Thanks Brian, just my attempt to try to reach the bar you guys set...it's pretty high though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom