Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also had this reddish brown algae on my anubias, any suggestion on what it might be?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435405945.002471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nice rammy bro!! Looks like mulm or detritus caught up in a Lil fuzz..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good looking ram Pitt..tanks looks GREAT! Very nice healthy growth...

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Quick question....Can I use my pps pro feets to go ei dosing. From the
Quick research it looks possible.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Off course! I am pretty sure its the same stuff, just a different mix

Think so.. i hit the tank with a 4x dose after wc and 2-3 more 2x throughout the week and my plants say yippieeeee
Huge shot of potassium after wc too, that's an OS trick;)

Think so.. i hit the tank with a 4x dose after wc and 2-3 more 2x throughout the week and my plants say yippieeeee
Huge shot of potassium after wc too, that's an OS trick;)

I do that for mine now as well for potassium. Triple dose after water change. I'd settled on it by pure accident though, nice to hear of others doing this?

Finally got my hands wet and did major maintenance to the 29g. I've been super busy and neglected my tank for about a month, maybe longer. No dosing, no co2 or no trimming. I know bad tanker. All my s. Repens melted. I had bba all over everything. All I did was feed the fish and replace evaporation. My tank is in the garage mind you and is exposed to high heat, poor tank. Here's what it looks like now. Thinking about trying dhg as a foreground plant.

Attachments

• 1438379262232.jpg
    1438379262232.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1438379281745.jpg
    1438379281745.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 78
Fo shame!
No really its good to see you pop back in with an update Pitt!
Despite the conditions your tank had fallen into it doesn't look bad presently...
Remind me why it is that you're tank must stay in the garage?

sit in silence...

Thanks man. It's in there since I moved here. Owners didn't want a tank on the house without a deposit and I didn't want to pay. Also my wife likes it out there. I started a stand but haven't finished. Plus I kinda like it out there where I can make a mess.

I was looking forward to the "before" pics! That is a LONG for a planted tank to go unattended. After two weeks without a trim my tank is a jungle. I imagine the same as well with yours, especially with the Rotala macrandra. The cleaned up tank looks like you never left.

Pitt got 96 problems and a tank ain't one

Thanks man. It's in there since I moved here. Owners didn't want a tank on the house without a deposit and I didn't want to pay. Also my wife likes it out there. I started a stand but haven't finished. Plus I kinda like it out there where I can make a mess.

I feel ya Pitt...I'd fill a garage full of tanks(& a fridge for tasty adult beverages & such) before I'd park my car in it...

20L Mafia...

Fresh, I didn't have a camera handy. I went out side to feed the fish and then I went crazy.

Brook so true.

I wish I had a fridge outside. It would have beer, frozen fish food, and fertilizers. Oh and garden hose with a pump to be used as a chiller. Imagine the possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom