Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants are perking up nicely. Experimenting with the EI dosing method using my PPS ferts. Also I made another anubias stick. Here's some pics pre wc and diy co2 change.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1438967733165.jpg
    1438967733165.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1438967750378.jpg
    1438967750378.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1438967765355.jpg
    1438967765355.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 1438967790787.jpg
    1438967790787.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 54
Fts

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1438967844766.jpg
    1438967844766.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 48
  • 1438967923805.jpg
    1438967923805.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1438967947021.jpg
    1438967947021.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 55
How are you battling your bba. Ive been fighting it my anubias as we. It comes and goes but i cant seem to figure out how to erradicate it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How are you battling your bba. Ive been fighting it my anubias as we. It comes and goes but i cant seem to figure out how to erradicate it.

I stuck 3 amano shrimp in the tank and a week later I was thinking "Wait, was does BBA even look like anymore?" Amano shrimp are the key for me.

I stuck 3 amano shrimp in the tank and a week later I was thinking "Wait, was does BBA even look like anymore?" Amano shrimp are the key for me.

Good for you! I have 4 Amanos and nope...they don't touch the stuff. I don't understand amanos.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good for you! I have 4 Amanos and nope...they don't touch the stuff. I don't understand amanos.

At least yours don't hide on the filter output!
Do yours eat it when it turns pink if you spot treat with excel?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use 50/50 glut and h2o2. All my anubias "sticks" are removable and found it best to take them out of the tank and spray them, and them sit for a min. Then back in. Last time I forgot to put the sticks in and left them out for almost 30min. Nearly Destroyed all the leaves.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

At least yours don't hide on the filter output!
Do yours eat it when it turns pink if you spot treat with excel?

That's an interesting observation. I used to watch it go through the colors changes and then one day it "disappears". Never really questioned how it went away. I'm going to treat the BBA and keep my eyes peeled.
It's bad when your MTS shells have BBA.

That's an interesting observation. I used to watch it go through the colors changes and then one day it "disappears". Never really questioned how it went away. I'm going to treat the BBA and keep my eyes peeled.

I haven't personally seen it turn pink, but have read on brooksters threads that's what his does. After this color change he says his otos and amanos finish it off.

I have a ramshorn with it on it's back. Next time I see him, he'll be spot treated. Lol

I haven't personally seen it turn pink, but have read on brooksters threads that's what his does. After this color change he says his otos and amanos finish it off.

Yup when it turns colors the cuc goes into action and finish it off.

That's what I was.going to say! Great thing about amanos is you can actually see the pink in their tummies after a nice bba salad!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's what I was.going to say! Great thing about amanos is you can actually see the pink in their tummies after a nice bba salad!

That's it...i am treating with glut and/or H2O2 this morning! I will win this war with BBA.

That's it...i am treating with glut and/or H2O2 this morning! I will win this war with BBA.

I bet you have them glut/H2O2 syringes locked and loaded haha!

I bet you have them glut/H2O2 syringes locked and loaded haha!

It's like when friends and fam come over.. they almost get all the wierd crap they've never seen before strewn all over but the 100cc syringe gets em every time... "you don't want to know mom....."

It's like when friends and fam come over.. they almost get all the wierd crap they've never seen before strewn all over but the 100cc syringe gets em every time... "you don't want to know mom....."

Not what it looks like,really!

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom