Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like em both!!!
Good job trimming the plants.[emoji1]

Clem

Thanks skylane! I like them both too. I believe the fish like the jungle more. Before the trim I found a baby albino bristle nose pleco, probably 4 weeks old, stuck to the glass. I only saw one, so the others must have been eaten or still hiding.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Are they jumping out of the front or back? If the latter, then maybe a "retaining net" can be put up. Or lean a sheet of SS mesh on the rear light fixture and rear tank rim.

It looks like the side and rear of the tank. I've thought about trying to cover the tank with a screen but haven't got around to making one.

Thanks skylane! I like them both too. I believe the fish like the jungle more. Before the trim I found a baby albino bristle nose pleco, probably 4 weeks old, stuck to the glass. I only saw one, so the others must have been eaten or still hiding.

That's why I love planted tanks, there's always giving you a surprise!!![emoji39]
You do good work man!!!

Clem

For those of you still holding on, here's a little update on my 29g. I went through a bout with BBA, story of my aquatic life. All that remains are reddish white strands that used to be black all over my anubias. I did the usual to combat it, cut photo down, upped co2, and big WCs. I think the cause was my photo period was to intense (both planted+s on together longer) and the co2 wasn't enough to keep up with lights and not to mention I skipped with dosing too. I also did some h2o2+glut dips. I also add larger rock to the right side to contras the plants. Also my ABN plecos spawned again and I managed to save 90% of them. Here's the fts

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1450474435693.jpg
    1450474435693.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 64
That's gorgeous! I'd never think you had troubles if you hadn't detailed it. Good juju for your ABnp!

For those of you still holding on, here's a little update on my 29g. I went through a bout with BBA, story of my aquatic life. All that remains are reddish white strands that used to be black all over my anubias. I did the usual to combat it, cut photo down, upped co2, and big WCs. I think the cause was my photo period was to intense (both planted+s on together longer) and the co2 wasn't enough to keep up with lights and not to mention I skipped with dosing too. I also did some h2o2+glut dips. I also add larger rock to the right side to contras the plants. Also my ABN plecos spawned again and I managed to save 90% of them. Here's the fts

Looking killer my dude!

sit in silence...

Thanks gents. I've got a lot of catching up to do both the fish cave and 40B.

Has anyone said that this is the "stairway to Anubias heaven" yet? No? Yes? Oh well.

Looking good pitt!

Seems like you have $50 worth of rotala in there btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone said that this is the "stairway to Anubias heaven" yet? No? Yes? Oh well.

Looking good pitt!

+1 on stairway to anubias heaven...I love the name.. From now on it will be called the stairway to anubias heaven

+1 on stairway to anubias heaven...I love the name.. From now on it will be called the stairway to anubias heaven

Hmmm... Don't give me credit yet because someone else may have thought of that already and posted it earlier. I can't remember.

That Tank is really turning into something amazing, pitt! Good work,sir

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking good pitt!

Thanks...i believe Tiger or Brooks dubbed it that. Lol and anubias king and world of anubias, and secret garden of anubias.....i made the last two up. Just to imagine the rotala was a little plant package from jungle fowl....shout out!

Back
Top Bottom