Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 on stairway to anubias heaven...I love the name.. From now on it will be called the stairway to anubias heaven

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I like the ring of that. All hail stair to Anubias heaven! Jk

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks...i believe Tiger or Brooks dubbed it that. Lol and anubias king and world of anubias, and secret garden of anubias.....i made the last two up. Just to imagine the rotala was a little plant package from jungle fowl....shout out!

I crowned thee "The Anubias King" ages ago...haha

sit in silence...

That Tank is really turning into something amazing, pitt! Good work,sir

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Poppa waz up and thanks. I just seen an unboxing video from an order you sent with angels...quality!

Poppa waz up and thanks. I just seen an unboxing video from an order you sent with angels...quality!

Thanks man. That was a straight up gorgeous pair of heterozygous albino panda koi angels.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Man you're putting out quality fishes, so is Coral Bandit. I have to get some of his rams.

Thanks...i believe Tiger or Brooks dubbed it that. Lol and anubias king and world of anubias, and secret garden of anubias.....i made the last two up. Just to imagine the rotala was a little plant package from jungle fowl....shout out!

Those hedges are looking fine. Nice color choices.
With all the attention shallow planted tanks get, this is a great example of what can be done with a slightly taller tank.

I have 99 problems and algae is one. Lol

Glad I'm not alone in the 99 problem club.

How do you keep the rotala free of algae? It is the first plant to get hair algae when it gets up near the surface for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you keep the rotala free of algae? It is the first plant to get hair algae when it gets up near the surface for me.

+1. Been cleaning the 4 stunted stems I planted before I installed the CO2 for hair algae. I dipped them.
But mine look nothing like these Beauts!
Nice tank!

Those hedges are looking fine. Nice color choices.
With all the attention shallow planted tanks get, this is a great example of what can be done with a slightly taller tank.

Ahh yes it was Fresh who dubbed it stairway to anubias heaven. If I had a shallow tank I'd probably wouldn't know how to control lighting. With a taller tank I have some wiggle room.

Ah, figured.

Very true about the tall tanks. It's harder to light those so they are often more impressive when done well I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is this taller dimension, I'm just trying to keep up with the shallower tanks. It's been a evolution so far. Im now thinking about hanging my lighting more above the tank.

I point my outflow from the spray bar over the tops of the plants. Good flow is needed to combat algae near the tops. I'll take some up close pics of mine.

+1. Been cleaning the 4 stunted stems I planted before I installed the CO2 for hair algae. I dipped them.
But mine look nothing like these Beauts!
Nice tank!

Hopefully with a Lil more love and attention they'll grow for you. I find it the more you trim them the healthier they seem. I can throw you some next trim if you like.

There's a rammy who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying anubias stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying anubias stairway to heaven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's a rammy who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying anubias stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying anubias stairway to heaven.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha yes!
https://youtu.be/8pPvNqOb6RA

Same with the rotala. For some reason that was the only plant that got hair algae for me when I had it, even though it was right near the filter intake.

I actually have a few stems floating now, now algae on them yet.

Hopefully with a Lil more love and attention they'll grow for you. I find it the more you trim them the healthier they seem. I can throw you some next trim if you like.

Thanks for the offer but I will try to pump some life into these 1st. I only have a small amount of room so if I can get these 4 to survive I'll be fine. ?
If not I'll contact ya....lol

Same with the rotala. For some reason that was the only plant that got hair algae for me when I had it, even though it was right near the filter intake.

I actually have a few stems floating now, now algae on them yet.

Well I hope you have success with the new floaters. When I had less flow, I would always get hair algae on their tops. WCs help a lot too.

Thanks for the offer but I will try to pump some life into these 1st. I only have a small amount of room so if I can get these 4 to survive I'll be fine. ?
If not I'll contact ya....lol

Right on! Baby them and they shall grow, I've blessed them. Lol

Back
Top Bottom