Placing coral tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I bought instant oceans holdfast putty. It wasn't very good but got the job done. The surface your putting in on needs to be pretty dry for it to stick. It was also white which is kinda ugly.

Yeah, I think it may be snake oil, but others may have experience and opinions to the contrary, I don't like to put anything in my tanks other than alk, mag and cal.

It's just how I roll.....

Leighton79 said:
Yeah, I think it may be snake oil, but others may have experience and opinions to the contrary, I don't like to put anything in my tanks other than alk, mag and cal.

It's just how I roll.....

Lol okay. And how do you dose for those? I really want to get into acros.

To be honest regular weekly water changes souls replenish the elements mentioned until you get lots of calcification. Going on in you tank, but my additives are these...

img_1744094_0_85de468a82ad7190fbc38cc23a566720.jpg

Do you have any SPS already?

I want to believe that you are using reef crystals like I am? Either way, since switching over to salt that comes with the calcium needed for corals my coraline has taken off. I truely believe that coraline should be treated like a coral in terms of needs for calcium and other suppliments that can be simply added to the tank with a salt mix.

I have one sps and it's a monti frag. I wanted to see if I could even care for it and it was 5$. It has grown. I use instant ocean salt. Not reef crystals though. That will be what I use next.

What sort of montipora is it and what lighting do you use?

As long as you have good lights, non detectable PO4 and NO3 and good alk mag and cal then you should be able to grow any SPS.

I don't get the fact that everybody says they are hard?

I started my latest tank with SPS frags straight after the cycle as a bit of an experiment, kept the parameters in check and I have noticed growth in the first month without any loss of colour.

I don't know what it's called but here's a before after pic. The colors were fading because there was too much light on it but now it's moved and doing a lot better.

Yep capricornis. Not sure about the morph but maybe a red cap or maybe an idaho grape. Its too small to tell.

jnkir7 said:
i m new to the corals so what is frags
and do they grow

Coral frags are clippings from larger corals and yes they do grow but on another note welcome to AA

thank you so mutch for the answer, and the welcome im really enjoying learning about reef tanks

Back
Top Bottom