Plant Help Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LetItSnow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi...New to this site...so please bear with me..
I am moving to a planted tank. Bought this from Petco. Plastic tube plant. Didn't save package....thought it was an Asian waterfern? After several weeks in my tank it seems to be propigating directly on the leaves?? New to me..do I let them go or what is the best way to start new plants from these?

Attachments

• 1418604311242629053936.jpg
    1418604311242629053936.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 59
It's definitely a fern.. judging my other photos online, it looks to be Asian water fern.

Those roots forming are from plantlets developing on the leaves. Just let them grow. You'll soon have more fern you can pluck off and relocate throughout the tank.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!! How big should I let them get and what is their preferred planting method ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looks to be either Java fern or Bolbitis, either way you just pluck the plantlets off that have roots with your fingers and shove it in the substrate. Their fairly slow growers so, don't expect them to be huge in a couple of weeks.

Ferns don't usually get "planted". Do not bury the Rhizome. You can bury the thin roots.

I usually leave them alone. The plantlets usually detach on their own. If not I just make sure they have roots and tie or glue them to wood or rocks.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom