plant help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhillieSniper115

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchessed live plants and now some of them are slowly dying and I don't know why or what to do. They looked somewhat normal this morning but now they are losing all their leaves. There's also this clear hair like thing growing on them. What do I do?

ForumRunner_20130401_181938.jpg

What plant is it? What type of lighting do you have? Do u dose the tank with any plant chemicals? Ex-Co2

What plant is it? What type of lighting do you have? Do u dose the tank with any plant chemicals? Ex-Co2

I think its campacta. I don't does chemicals as I do not have a heavily planted tank and I use 40 Wat fluorescent lights

Ok sorry did u post the size tank? Usually people say you need 1-2 watts per gallon for plants. And depending on the plants, I don't know much about that type of plant but some more complex plants need some type of plant fertilizer or an additive put in the water. I can try to look that plant up for you in a little bit, maybe there are some threads on this site.

Ok sorry did u post the size tank? Usually people say you need 1-2 watts per gallon for plants. And depending on the plants, I don't know much about that type of plant but some more complex plants need some type of plant fertilizer or an additive put in the water. I can try to look that plant up for you in a little bit, maybe there are some threads on this site.

Ok. Tank is 55 gal but I don't think its the lights because the leaves didn't die the stem of the plant kind of fell apart

Back
Top Bottom