Plant question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at my LFS today and saw micro swords, they were in a pot.. what's the reason behind this? to keep the propagation under control?

Many rooted plants are sold that way. They can limit the spread also make it easier to move the plant around the tank or to a different tank.

You can buy plants in pots, bunches and with naked roots depending on where you buy them from. I prefer to buy potted plants for certain varieties because you know what you are getting...usually the roots are in better condition than with bunched plants which tend to be clippings.

I remove any plants from pots and plant them in substrate for my tank which has substrate. But when I kept a tank with a sand substrate I left the plants in pots and changed the base root stuffing with small rocks. This was to weigh down the plants so that they would stay in the sand better, but one can use many different strategies for that. :)

sometimes plants come in foam with a metal ring are you suppose to remove this foam or keep it on, will it have a negative affect on the plant?

Back
Top Bottom