Plant snail nightmare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyINCo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know how to get rid of hitch hiking plant snails that are over running my tank? They have bred like cockroaches over the last few weeks and have tripled in numbers. Quite tired of them. Betta isn't eating them anymore. Neons and flounder don't have a taste for them. There must be something I can do about this infestation.

Anyone know how to get rid of hitch hiking plant snails that are over running my tank? They have bred like cockroaches over the last few weeks and have tripled in numbers. Quite tired of them. Betta isn't eating them anymore. Neons and flounder don't have a taste for them. There must be something I can do about this infestation.
My cousin has had a snail infestation for about 3 years now. He actually replaced the gravel, washed the empty tank out with a bleach solution, and boiled all the decorations... but the snails remained. The best thing to do (As mentioned by MummaOfTwo) is to take out the ones you can see and eradicate them. Good luck! :oops:

I got frustrated with all the snails falling off as I pull the veggies out, or the veggies falling apart, it's helpful to place it into a net for easy removal. :)

siva said:
I got frustrated with all the snails falling off as I pull the veggies out, or the veggies falling apart, it's helpful to place it into a net for easy removal. :)

Not a bad idea. Have you removed a bunch of snails now?

Back
Top Bottom