Planted 20 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the website, they don't contain iron. They are just a blend of the same ferts that are used in dry fert dosing for the water column(nitrate, phosphate, sulfate, magnesium and a micro-nurtient mix).

I'd ask Jeta...i'm not familiar with the composition of clay, so that could be true. I was just going off the ingredients added to the clay he listed. There is some iron in the micronurtrient blend to start with, but I do know that's also one of the nutrients people tend to supplement more of in the water column for bright colored plants.

Well my eco complete came in and my plants from peabodys have shipped now its time for some aquascaping. I guess ill remove all my water, fish, filter and plants to a Rubbermaid tote for a couple days.I hope I don't loose any of my stock. Bit first I gotta clean all this paint off myself. LoL.

As long as they have a heater and filter they will be fine. Feed lightly during this time. I've kept fish this way up to a couple weeks without issue.

ForumRunner_20130506_220007.jpg
Filter heater bubbler 15g tank water 10 g fresh water

ForumRunner_20130506_220032.jpg
Filling up the yr ank with fresh dechlorinated water.
Now to just wait for tomorrow. Gonna make a diy filter to help clear the water some then I will Take out like half the water add plants and top off with the water the fish are in and hopefilly it all goes well. Thank you rivercats for all the help.

Well I have it planted that fake dw structure had to go It was re along up too much landscape. Out of all the plants I got from jeta only one looks like it might not make it and its one of my favorates the limnophilia aromatica it got broken up pretty good and 95% of the leaves were melted off I hope it makes it it sure was hard to plant it trying to figure which way was up without any leaves. They look like a bunch of mini bamboo shoots in there. But everything else looked healthy as far as I could tell. He even threw something extra in there for me I think it might be a walichi but am not for sure. Here's a link to a short video. I will put up some pics tomorrow after work.

Looks awesome. It's my understanding that you wanna trim the red lotus of those long stems. Like the one that's almost to the top. You wanna cut that so it grows low and spreads out. If you leave the long ones reading the surface the plant will tend to feed that long stem instead of the rest of the plant (I think)

Hopefully someone with mod experience will chime in. I trimmed mine and its taking off!!! I'm pretty sure that's the way it goes.

Anyways. Great tank, plants look great and love the driftwood.

More pics when you have time.

Convict nailed it on the head - red tiger lotus will be 2 very different plants depending on how you maintain it. It's natural tendency is to send those runners up to the surface, which is nice if you want more if that like long stem lily look, but of you want it as a low plant in the fore/mid ground, you want to trim those stems going to the surface which will promote the plant to grow more of the low leaves instead.

Convict nailed it on the head - red tiger lotus will be 2 very different plants depending on how you maintain it. It's natural tendency is to send those runners up to the surface, which is nice if you want more if that like long stem lily look, but of you want it as a low plant in the fore/mid ground, you want to trim those stems going to the surface which will promote the plant to grow more of the low leaves instead.

Not sure how I want it to grow yet. But thanks for the info. Here's some pics and a video with the names of all the plants for yall. Tell me what you think and also I'd like to know what yall would move where. Hope yall enjoy.

ForumRunner_20130509_153422.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153439.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153500.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153518.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153557.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153613.jpg

ForumRunner_20130509_153633.jpg

Any info on any of threese plants would be greatly appreciated. Especially weather or not the l.aromatica is going to make it or not.

i dunno man mabey if i had a nice peice of driftwood and a cube tank there might be some :whistle: the back left corner i think might be too crowded though and im not sure if my limnophilia aromatica is gonna make it it was in the top 3 of ones i was looking forward to so i planted all the stem peices anyways hoping i at least get a few to grow.

Back
Top Bottom