Planted 20 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I was going for I'm sure it will take a few trimmings to get it right thanks for the link it will help.

sssssssssssssso today i picked up a pothos vine to hang in my 20 i was going to take some pics and post them up in here but im a klutz. i didnt like the way they were hanging so i set my phone down on top of my light and while adjusting the 7 clippings i have just started trying to root in water ...bump... splash ... $300 phone ...meet the panda corys... luckily i have it in an otter box it got minimal water in it it didnt even shut off. i have it sitting in a bowl of rice tonight i hope it turns back on tomorrow. if it does ill post some pics of the pothos in the tank.

the tank looks beautiful baby. and you are dumb for setting you're phone on a light with only 3 legs.

and thank you rivercats for helping mike with our tank. I looked for the thread he said he started for people to send u thanks but i can't find it. I love the plants and I can't belive how fast they are growing.

Planted 20 gal long with red cherry shrimp
image-421268437.jpg

Attachments

• image-2055190163.jpg
    image-2055190163.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1331551952.jpg
    image-1331551952.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 67
Josephine,
Judging by your comments, you know Mike personally and well. LOL What relationship are you with Mike. LOL I might have a "devil's advocate" scenario with him now. Hee Hee!
OS.

Kinda thought so as that's the way Donna talks to me when I mess up. LOL Lydia, I assume is her first name.? Lydia, we think you got a great guy here. He is one we all like to have as our friend in here. But if he starts to get sassy, just let me, Convict, Brian or Rivercats know. OS.

Kinda thought so as that's the way Donna talks to me when I mess up. LOL Lydia, I assume is her first name.? Lydia, we think you got a great guy here. He is one we all like to have as our friend in here. But if he starts to get sassy, just let me, Convict, Brian or Rivercats know. OS.

Yes it is. She's at work now. Uh oh I better be a good boy then.lol

Well the phone gods or tank gods or maybe both were looking out for you or your phone...lol! I once knocked my phone into the dogs water bowl and after that I learned not to set my phone around any water or liquid it can fall into. Now if I could just make the cats understand they aren't suppose to knock full cups of water over onto the phones!

Lydia your welcome! Mike did it all for you!

Well the phone gods or tank gods or maybe both were looking out for you or your phone...lol! I once knocked my phone into the dogs water bowl and after that I learned not to set my phone around any water or liquid it can fall into. Now if I could just make the cats understand they aren't suppose to knock full cups of water over onto the phones!

Lydia your welcome! Mike did it all for you!

God was looking out for me! And you you have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Is your substrate just black gravel?

No its eco complete with some black sand in there.

Last edited:
Mike as those potho's stems grow too long just cut them off and add them to the bunch. That's how I got such a big group of them. With the ferts we add into the water they grow like crazy! Also once the roots start forming you will be amazed at how many roots will form and how long they will grow. Once my roots get too long I cut them off about 1/2 way and the plants do just fine. Plus you'll find a lot of the fish love to hang around in and under them. I think the threadfin rainbows get a little pissed at me whenever I trim the roots... lol!

Mike as those potho's stems grow too long just cut them off and add them to the bunch. That's how I got such a big group of them. With the ferts we add into the water they grow like crazy! Also once the roots start forming you will be amazed at how many roots will form and how long they will grow. Once my roots get too long I cut them off about 1/2 way and the plants do just fine. Plus you'll find a lot of the fish love to hang around in and under them. I think the threadfin rainbows get a little pissed at me whenever I trim the roots... lol!

Ya that what I figured I'd do also once there is too many for the 20 I'm gonna start adding them to my cichlid tank I'm sure they will help with the nitrates in there. Or I would assume if I ended up with enough they would.

Back
Top Bottom