Planted Discus Tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Totally doable with the right filtration and schedule if built gradually. Sounds like a neat tank.

If I move my 10 black skirts to my 33g now, can I add the rummynose at the same day? Do they have the same bio-load?

HN1, all it takes is the discus to suspend near the snail at night...PENDING the snail is undernourished but it has happened. Heck even SAE's are known to gobble on the slime coat if malnourished. same with oto's and stuff, it CAN happen.

Roy, Me personally I wouldnt add any snails until needed.

WhiteDevil said:
Roy, Me personally I wouldnt add any snails until needed.

I'll just move my snails to my 33g with the black skirts. I'll add just one more pleco and a few cories. Plecos have a big bio load. 7% is added for each ABP according to aqadvisor.

Well, if you don't let your snails get malnourished in the first place, you won't have a problem. And SAE's are aggressive anyway, so I'm not surprised there.

I'll just move my snails to my 33g with the black skirts. I'll add just one more pleco and a few cories. Plecos have a big bio load. 7% is added for each ABP according to aqadvisor.
I take any "calculator" with a grain of salt, last time I used it, it was more of a guess then anything.
According to several calculators I am overstocked in a 55g with just 3 angelfish, at that time filter selection was minimal. My 55g tank has a filter for a 175g on it, If im overstocked then Im also the richest dude on this rock.

And SAE's are aggressive anyway, so I'm not surprised there.

You are talking about False SAE's, they are the ones that are aggressive towards tank-mates. True SAE's are generally peaceful schoolers and shouldnt bother any tank-mates.

WhiteDevil said:
Rams are fine with discus. if anything id ditch the nerites as they can/will eat the slime coat on the discus. I would get 4 more BNP's, dont get the rummy noses till the cardinals die off, replace them with those.

For the tank size, type of fish and filtration system with your PWC schedule you will be fine.
I got over 50 tetras, 20 discus,24 or so cories, 10 bnp's 4 yo-yo's 4 sae's in the 210. I have the filtration and water change schedule that permits it.
The fish there have small bioloads minus the discus which arent heavy but arent light on the system either.

What filters do you have in your 210?

Back
Top Bottom