Planting my undrerwater garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS has finally been able to find a plant provider that has variety.

I would like some suggestions on nice low light plants for my current and next tank.

And I'd also like to know if the way I planted one of my new Anubias is ok?

It won't constrict it or anything?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3479002631.jpg
    image-3479002631.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 92
Scouser said:
My LFS has finally been able to find a plant provider that has variety.

I would like some suggestions on nice low light plants for my current and next tank.

And I'd also like to know if the way I planted one of my new Anubias is ok?

It won't constrict it or anything?

Thanks!

Low light plants include:
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Low_Light_Plants_s/25.htm

Take the anubias out of the pot, remove from the cotton padding, and tie the anubias plant onto a piece of driftwood or a rock. Use cotton thread or a rubber band to tie the plants ribosome onto something which will keep the roots out of the substrate!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Low light plants include:
http://www.aquariumplants.com/Low_Light_Plants_s/25.htm

Take the anubias out of the pot, remove from the cotton padding, and tie the anubias plant onto a piece of driftwood or a rock. Use cotton thread or a rubber band to tie the plants ribosome onto something which will keep the roots out of the substrate!

I have already removed the padding an pots now lol.

I've attached em to my coconut shells and DW :)

Thanks for the link!

Scouser said:
I have already removed the padding an pots now lol.

I've attached em to my coconut shells and DW :)

Thanks for the link!

Anubias isn't a very quick grower so you will not see to much growth very quickly. Just so u know.
There are also so many more plants that you could have that are not on that list like Anacharis and wisteria. Just do some research and you will find plenty of plants for your tank!

Anubias isn't a very quick grower so you will not see to much growth very quickly. Just so u know.
There are also so many more plants that you could have that are not on that list like Anacharis and wisteria. Just do some research and you will find plenty of plants for your tank!

yea i done some research on the anubias before buying em so i wont expect a spurt lol.

i dont want plants that make over a tank if you get what i mean, a plant that looks good and grows slow is perfect for me till i get my bigger tank next year!

Scouser said:
yea i done some research on the anubias before buying em so i wont expect a spurt lol.

i dont want plants that make over a tank if you get what i mean, a plant that looks good and grows slow is perfect for me till i get my bigger tank next year!

I got it, hope to see your tank next year! Can you post a pic of a full tank shot? How big is your tank?

FreshwaterTropical said:
I got it, hope to see your tank next year! Can you post a pic of a full tank shot? How big is your tank?

Sorry only just got back on here!

The tank is a 17 gal juwel rekord

Here's a snap from before I moved the middle plant :)

Attachments

• image-123550626.jpg
    image-123550626.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom