Plants for beginners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BradDP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to attempt aquarium plants... will get plastic and gradually replace with live if all goes well! I am going to purchase LED lighting geared toward plants.

Any recommendations on a simple beginners guide to aquarium plants book?
I did purchase a book on aquascaping which is geared toward the non beginner.

I know there is info on the internet but I would rather just have a book.
Preferably simple and not hundreds of pages.

:thanks:

I am going to attempt aquarium plants... will get plastic and gradually replace with live if all goes well! I am going to purchase LED lighting geared toward plants.

Any recommendations on a simple beginners guide to aquarium plants book?
I did purchase a book on aquascaping which is geared toward the non beginner.

I know there is info on the internet but I would rather just have a book.
Preferably simple and not hundreds of pages.

:thanks:

Brad, What I know about plants? Bath them is a salt water bath before putting them in your tank. If not you will most likely get an infestation of snails. Thats no bueno. I am dealing with that right now. :banghead:

Enjoy your tank! :band:

Brad, What I know about plants? Bath them is a salt water bath before putting them in your tank. If not you will most likely get an infestation of snails. Thats no bueno. I am dealing with that right now. :banghead:

Enjoy your tank! :band:

Oh and there's me thinking of calling in Jeremy Kyle to find out which fish had given birth to a bunch of snails :ermm::)

Oh and there's me thinking of calling in Jeremy Kyle to find out which fish had given birth to a bunch of snails :ermm::)

I don't know Jeremy Kyle, but he sounds like a great guy. Introduce him to us.:popcorn:

BradDP, there's a book that's sort of the basic plant bible called "The Encyclopedia of Aquarium Plants". It's well illustrated. You might also check out your local library for books in this department - mine has a lot to choose from so yours may also. I prefer books too.

Back
Top Bottom