Plants keep getting uprooted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tleyton

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any suggestions on how to keep my stem plants from being uprooted? It seems like everyday one or more of my stem plants is floating when I get home from work. Quite annoying. 2 inch sand substrate.

Any suggestions on how to keep my stem plants from being uprooted? It seems like everyday one or more of my stem plants is floating when I get home from work. Quite annoying. 2 inch sand substrate.
plant weight on top of the substrate

keep replanting them till they root , what you have in there corys? they love to dig

No, I don't have corydoras. I did plan on getting some this weekend so that's good to know. I just have a few guppies and some mollies right now...working on getting it stocked.

Honestly your mollies might be pulling them up. Most of the time if you have floaters you just need to push them in the substrate deeper when planting.

That's what I figured. They really like to swim through my willow. I guess I'll try replanting them deeper, I was just worried the stems would rot. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom