Plants vs. BN Plecos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, everybody. I just wanted to ask before I put a bristlenose pleco in my 29 gal medium planted aquarium if he will eat anything. I love the little bristlnoses, but I really don't want him to eat my plants... I will have driftwood, because I hear they need it to aid in digestion or whatever. I just want to make sure I'm not placing my plants at risk if I put a bristlenose in.

If I do end up needing to get something else, would anyone have suggestions on what I substitute for the BN pleco? Any other small plecos that wouldn't eat plants? Or should I stick to say.... Otos? I hear they're finicky though and die often. :(

BN should be fine, i never heard of them eating plants at all, otos are very fragile, but they will clean your tank three to four times faster than one BN

Thanks everybody! I have black substrate so an albino bristle nose will be cool! I nay get some ottos too, but I read that getting them acclimated to new water is the key. You have to let them adjust slowly.

Back
Top Bottom