PlantXchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
It happens all the time. We get some good growth going, nice coverage and then, we have to prune them back. Or, we decide that there is a plant that we no longer want. Without giving it a second thought, we simply toss these viable plants into the trash.

An idea was born several months ago that has been a rousing success. Instead of tossing these plants overboard, several members have been offered their clippings and other plants to other aquatic botanists, usually for no more than the cost of shipping. It's a nice way for someone to obtain obviously healthy plants, without the hassle of hearing complete nonsense at their LFS or searching for plants when they are just starting out.

So, gather your clippings and unwanted plants, post a message in the Barter/Trade forum and send them to a member. If you are interested in obtaining some plants, check the Barter/Trade forum often, you may see something you might like.

Happy Planting.

(This thread is for information and resources only. Post questions in new threads. -- czcz, 9/06)

And just as an adjoinder:

If you are looking for a particular plant species - please post it. There are so many of us who throw stuff away that we could easily send out to you. Just preface your post on the forum with 'Looking for' of 'LF'

Also, if you are requesting a plant, or see a plant in someones sig that you're interested in, You might want to mention what country you're in. I know getting plants from the US to Canada requires at least 1 permit. Not sure about plants from Canada to the US, but I'm sure overnight is not possible.

I would suggest checking with the local authorities. See if there is something like an official website. Barring that, a visit to the postal establishment will yield you an answer.

Back
Top Bottom