platy growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how fast will they grow? ive got a tank with white clouds and zebra danios in it. How long you think till i can put them in with the other fish.( i believe the fry are about 3-5 days old)

It heavily depends on what you feed them. If you give them mashed flake food, they're going to grow much slower than if you fed them bbs.

I'm not 100% sure of the danios, but I would imagine that they would be ready to coexist with smaller, less predatory minnows after 1 month. I fed mine bbs, so YMMV.

how fast will they grow? ive got a tank with white clouds and zebra danios in it. How long you think till i can put them in with the other fish.( i believe the fry are about 3-5 days old)
Personally, I have found platys to be slower growing than some of the my other livebearers. Yeah, food and temperature do influence growth rates. I would put them in with the other fish as soon as they are no longer bite-sized.

The fry shouldn't be able to fit in the other fishes mouths at all when you let them out. I learned this the hard way when my adults killed most of my fry because I thought they were big enough to not be eaten.

Back
Top Bottom