Platy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob1226

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have a platy that used to swin round with the other fish all the time then for about 4 days he has just been in the corner at the bottom of the tank tonight when I came home he is at the top of the tank. He's not been eating for a few days the food floats right past him and he takes no notice. My water is fine as I took a sample to the pet shop for them to test. They gave me some meds to put in the water witch I have and have to do the second one on Saturday. Also told me to put tonic salt in. I have done what they said but no change. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks
rob

Welcome to AA!!:welcome:

What size tank?

How long has it been set up?

What other fish are in the tank?

How long have all the fish been in the tank?

Aside from the odd behavior, does anything look out of the ordinary on the fish (bloated, cloudy eyes, red gills, etc)?

What is your maintenace schedule like?

What are your specific parameters? What a petshop thinks is fine and what is ACTUALLY fine are often very different. You need to be able to test:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
pH
Temp

fort384 said:
Welcome to AA!!:welcome:

What size tank?

How long has it been set up?

What other fish are in the tank?

How long have all the fish been in the tank?

Aside from the odd behavior, does anything look out of the ordinary on the fish (bloated, cloudy eyes, red gills, etc)?

What is your maintenace schedule like?

What are your specific parameters? What a petshop thinks is fine and what is ACTUALLY fine are often very different. You need to be able to test:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
pH
Temp

I would guess it is bloated.

Back
Top Bottom