Playing with fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RamCichlidLover said:
I have the fish school. It's amazing!

I would love to get this for my fish, but sadly it would be like trying to train a mental patient to play soccer.

Side note there is such a cool video of a huge Midas playing with a soccer ball in his tank. I'll try and find the link on YouTube.

I failed with this in my tank. Dropped a golf ball in and by the third day had to remove it because of the stress it was causing. He absolutely couldn't stand it and was constantly banging it into the glass and slapping it with his tail.

Common and Comet Goldfish have about a 3 month memory. And obviously they will work for food. I've seen Oscars, Bettas as well as Comets trained with this kit. I don't call them feeders, they are food for some, but as you can see as pets, they have personality.

It's a guilty pleasure, since they think it's food and typically don't get any when I do this, but I love using a laser pointer on the sand in my tank. The guppies attack it like crazy and chase it around. The angelfish go after the beam on the glass but don't really do much aside from that.

I should probably do it before feeding time, so I don't feel guilty by teasing them.

I try not to do it often because I'm worried about it hitting them in the eyes, and when I do, I try to keep it away from them as much as possible (which is hard because they go after it incessantly).

Back
Top Bottom