Please Give me hope and advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hses2esf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my Betta Jay for almost a year and a half now. I came home from work last night at 12:30 am and went to feed him when I looked at him I realized somethign was wrong. Jay has dropsy. Every website I have looked at has said to not waste my time treating it, that it is fatal and there is nothing I can do. I Can't accept that. He means the world to me and I am absolutely heart broken. Up until me coming home to that last night. He was looking perfectly healthy. What should I do. I don't want to lose him.

There are several products you can try. Jungle's Fungus Eliminator, Maracyn II, Nala-Gram. I found Nala gram worked the best on my gourami. Do a water change before medicating, remove any active carbon from your filter if possible, and treat him with the meds. Good luck! I hope everything works out ok.

I hate to say it but if you got him at the store he's past the typical betta life span. You can treat as suggested above, but don't be too heartbroken if it doesn't work, he's had a good long life with you.

My Betta died tonight. I am sad but it is true he had a nice life, I never thought I could get so attached to a fish but we had a good relationship. Thank you for your advice.

So sorry to hear that. It is easy to get attached to fish. I am attached to all of my fish and whenever I lose one it bothers me a great deal. I'm sure your betta had a great life with you. It is true they don't have a long lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom