PLEASE HELP-CUPRAMINE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. I kept it at .5 PPM, for 2 month's and it cured the problem for a while until I came back from vacation and it happened again. Is it possible to keep it in for more than 2 month's to be safe?

If you maintained the Cupramine levels at 0.5 mg/l (ppm) for that long, there is no way a parasite could have survived. Either your test kit is reporting a false reading or your problem is not what you think.

To answer your question directly though, I would not use any copper based med for longer the 4 weeks in total. Two is recommended but three is generally prefered.

Cheers
Steve

Did you treat your 130 gallon? Man thats a lot of copper. Would be hard to maintain a correct level especially if there is substrate or rock. Which test kit did you use? I would suspect the test kit as well.
I treated for velvet in a qt setting for this parasite earlier this year. Treated for 3 weeks, never came back. Do you have seachems multitest kit?

yeah, I used the seachem test kit and Seachem Cupramine since it says that .5 PPM is the recommended dosage for the treatment.

Back
Top Bottom