PLEASE HELP, Giant Danio cant swim... Not sick..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmy420

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night all of asudden one of my giant danios cant swim.. hes at the top of the water not sick, staying upright. When he tries to swim his whole body curves... He stays at the top, and he does not look sick.. I am guessing he broke something? What should I do im really flippin out. Will these heal? all I can think about is if I should put him out of his misory... He just pretty much stays perfectly still at the top flapping all of his fins but his back, and the back fin is clamped... what should I do???? :(

no injuries it doesnt look like.. just cant move his back half.. what should I do??

Digestive track infection? try to keep him level or if you have a cave put him in there...

hes staying perfectly straight on the top, I didnt turn the light on this morning or anything fearing it would freak him out.... I couldnt imagine being able to put him in a cave..

Also his eyes look very big :(

tmy420 said:
hes staying perfectly straight on the top, I didnt turn the light on this morning or anything fearing it would freak him out.... I couldnt imagine being able to put him in a cave..

Also his eyes look very big :(

Definitely popeye then. Get some Maracyn- TC and isolate the fish in a hospital tank and treat for 5 days straight. Also might want to check the other fish for signs of popeye "bulging big eyes".

it seriously even looks like he broke his back or something.. You sure its this popeye? do fish with popeye look like they cant swim due to bones being broken or something?

Can I put Maracyn- TC in my tank with all the fish? I dont have any other tank. Also, is Maracyn- TC easy to find? where can I get it? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom